Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Vicariously Caffeinated

Poking through friends' online vacation pics is one of my favorite things to do. Especially when they travel to interesting places with quality cameras in tow! A colleague of mine who fits that bill perfectly just came back from New Zealand and was kind enough to share some of the amazing shots she took during a food tour. You can check them out on our Bon Vivant Facebook Fan Page.


The photo that caught my eye was one of a frothy cup of caffeinated delight that she labelled "Mojo's Medicine", which turns out to be the house blend found at Mojo Coffee locations in Wellington. I find myself making puppy dog eyes at my monitor as I read the description on Mojo's site: "Dr Mojo's Medicine offers you good aroma, hints of nut and chocolate, and a spicy toffee finish." Nuts... Chocolate... Toffee... Hello Wellington? I've heard you are the new heaven for coffee lovers? I've been a really good girl you know...

Not sure that my good deeds will get me all the way to New Zealand, I decided to check out the tour that included this gem of a cafe on the itinerary. Zest Food Tours can hook you up with the area's culinary wonders, and it appears that they can even one-up my caffeinated idea of heaven with their Chocolate Espresso tour. That's right - not just chocolate flavored coffee. But both chocolate and coffee.

And of course Zest has a variety of other tours - you know, for those of us that can get beyond the chocolate and coffee. So if you're a well-rounded culinary connoisseur, it might be worth a call to your travel agent to see what kind of an adventure they can cook up for you in New Zealand. And if you happen to have a good camera - you know who wants to see those photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails