Friday, November 27, 2009

What's a 14 course meal without an appetite, and a camera?

When I was invited to experience a 14-course dinner, my first thought was YES! But after I accepted, I couldn't help but wonder - could I really eat 14 different dishes? Not one to shy away from a challenge, I filed that thought way in the back of my head. However on the day of the dinner, it found it's way to the front again, and I couldn't help to try and save my appetite by only eating little bits here and there.

Click on the image to see all 14 courses.

Any sacrifices I made that day were well worthwhile, but thankfully, all of the food was perfectly portioned so that a normal human being could make room for all of it. The restaurant where I dined, Le Chique at the Azul Sensatori Hotel in Riviera Maya, Mexico, explains the concept like this:

"Our theory of small portions, just as the diversity of products and techniques is what makes a 14 courses menu into a real culinary experience in the Mayan Riviera.

Foams, bubbles, spheres, fake caviar, balloons, inverse Ravioli, cooking with Liquid Nitrogen…these are some of the forefront culinary techniques used at Le Chique through our 14 unique creations."
Intrigued? Then come along with me, bite by bite, as I show you what my taste buds experienced and my camera captured. Click here to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails