Friday, August 14, 2009

Good News Friday

In my office, our boss has a little tradition he likes call "good news Friday". Today's good news falls into one of my favorite categories: photos! He recently went on a fab trip to Russia and after much poking and prodding from pretty much everyone who's been envious of his trip, he posted his photos up for us to see. Yup. Envy is definitely warranted.



Nothing gets people talking about their vacation like other people's vacation pictures, and you know, if you're already travelling vicariously through your co-workers, you might as well make it a multi-destination vacation! My second stop was a cruise along the Rhine river in Europe, where another one of my colleagues vanished to last year, and it seems that whenever she gets a little stressed, she goes back there in her imagination too. I imagine that she's been there a few times because of me! But yeah, recalling afternoons spent floating along the Rhine, watching castles and fortresses that seem to the rest on clouds, that would do it for me. And how cool would it be to have shivers run down your spine as you sail by the spot where the nymph who lived in the Lorelei rock would appear and lure fishermen to their death. But the memory she's most fond of are the spectacular vineyards along the river. Never had she seen terraced vineyards until that cruise where she watched farmers tending to their crops. No wonder she's such a fan of wines from the Rhine Region! The part of her trip that I choose to fantasize about are the cheese markets. Need I say more?


If you're keen on taking a journey through Europe's rivers yourself, well I have a Friday goodie for you - there is a super deal to be had on these, and you can check it our for yourself here. There is just one condition, which, since I have already given you the goodie, you have no obligation to meet. I need to work on that. But if for any reason, Bon Vivant should lead you to a new adventure, I would love to live vicariously through you, too. So don't be shy and share! And I promise that if you do, I'll never pick anything off your plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails